Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

What's New??

I made an order from the SSS and I'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Carol and her husband won't be back to process orders until Monday, but that's okay. I'm assuming that shipping will be a whole lot faster to me here than it was in Alaska thanks to the USPS Federal Way processing center (which frequently delays packages to Alaska by more than a week). It's got tons of roving and a bunch of cotswold locks. Delicious! The only downside to all of this is that I don't have a drum carder yet. I was going to get the one from the lady here in town but she wants way too much for it, when I can just purchase a Fancy Kitty for considerably cheaper. They have long teeth for thick batts, and I think that they will work out just fine. Plus, there's a money-back guarantee with the Kittys just in case I don't like it, whereas if I just purchase the one from the lady here in town I'm stuck with it either way. I've gotta wait for the college to process my financial aid paperwork though (will they EVER be done? I hope I still get the money for this quarter, because otherwise I'll be screwed. Very, very screwed).

What else...Oh, I've been working on the quilt that I started several years ago with music print Hoffman fabrics. It's broken bricks in the center. I'll finish this next round and then take pictures. I think all in all this quilt will turn out fantastically. I'm very excited, although I'm lazy about quilting. There are no shortcuts, and I just don't enjoy it as much as I enjoy fiber stuff.

I joined the PhatFiber contributor group, but I haven't had a chance to send in samples or to do the long-long-long-overdue update in my Etsy shop. I'm going to wait for the SSS order to arrive for that now in any case.

I'm also working on developing a new product for my store. I hope it goes well...

If any of you who read this know of a good source for firestar or glitz or angelina, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let me know! I neeeeed a good source.

No pictures again this time...how lazy of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment