Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rickroll'd

There is a very large and sometimes nonsensical internet culture out there.  There is a meme (a widespread internet sensation) called Rickrolling.  Perhaps you've heard of parts of it, or maybe you're an active participant.  If you are unaware of this phenomenon, the point of it is to get a person to go to the YouTube video of "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley without them realizing.  Once a person has opened the link, they must listen to the song in its entirety.

I suppose it takes a certain kind of humor to find this amusing.  I happen to enjoy a good rickroll, whether I am tricked into watching the video, or doing the tricking.  So naturally, when I was alerted to this news article today, I was quite tickled:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110408/ts_yblog_theticket/how-one-oregon-lawmaker-convinced-his-colleagues-to-rick-roll-the-state-legislature


I think I picked the right state to move to!

No comments:

Post a Comment