Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

April Showers

April is almost half over already! This is both fantastic and shocking to me. I haven't done much so far this month. I made a corespun from various handfuls of the uncarded, dyed wool pictured below. I also started to spin the purple batts into a gorgeous lace-weight yarn. Hopefully it will photograph better as a yarn than it did as a batt. It's about 28 wpi, and I originally intended to navajo-ply it, but I don't know if I will anymore. It'd make a great 2-ply as well, but I don't remember how much I started with, weight-wise, so I have no idea when I will be halfway. I've put about 6 hours in already, and my bobbin isn't even half full. I've not even gotten halfway through the second batt of it yet, either. I'm hoping I'll get lots of yardage--maybe around 500 yards or so? That might be pushing it, though. Anyway, that's what I'm up to.

I forget if I mentioned it before, but I finished one of the doghair socks. I need to take a picture or three of it, and I need to make yarn for the other sock, since I seriously underestimated my required yardage.

No comments:

Post a Comment