Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Black Sheep Gathering

Shortly after my last post, I was notified that I had to move out of the place I was living as quickly as possible. Life has been a whirlwind ever since, and things are just starting to slow down enough to spend a proper amount of time crafting.

There's a knitting group that meets at one of the libraries here in town.  It's Wednesday evenings and it's a lovely group.  I really enjoy going.  So far I haven't missed a meeting since I started attending - I've been late and had to leave early, but no complete misses.  Of course now that I've said that I've jinxed myself and I'll miss one in the next couple of weeks!  There is also a group that meets Thursday nights at a LYS which I may start attending, but it's sounding like my Thursday evenings will be filled up next quarter with school.  

Speaking of school, I'm officially a college graduate.  I have a general studies AA.  I go back to school in 3 weeks to pursue an AS in Pharmacy.  It will keep me very busy for the next year or so, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

There will be a fiber arts show at a local gallery in August; the deadline for submissions is the end of this month and I am racing to complete a scarf so that I can have 3 items juried.  I have a week, which should be plenty of time, as long as I just take the time to sit down and make this scarf.  I am unsure of how it is turning out, though, and I might replace it with a yarn last-minute if it ends up needing to be frogged.   It would be very cool to have my work displayed, though!

I went to the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, OR last weekend (courtesy of my grandmother!) and wandered all the vendors.  I picked up quite a bit of great yarn material.  I also scored a pretty nice raw fleece.  I plan to make a step-by-step tutorial for cleaning a raw fleece; hopefully I can complete it before the term starts at my new school.

I also keep meaning to finish my quilt top.  I started to work on it last night but I was already too tired and I had to put it away after messing up the first seam.  The keyboards will be beautiful when they are done, but they are time-consuming and I'm definitely procrastinating it. 

Photos to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment