Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crafty Hands are Here Again!

I've got all these crafting ideas whirling around in my head, and I don't have the time or resources to do any of them right now.  I'm super excited, because I found a studio around the Portland area where I can go to throw pottery for $5/hour, and they will fire the work if I leave it there.  Georgie's is a fantastic place to get clay, so I'll call the studio and see what sort of clay I need for their kilns.

I also really want to make all sorts of candles and list them on Etsy.  But I also want to decorate with them and put them all over my apartment!

Speaking of which, I'm getting ready to move again.  I'm headed a little south of Portland, and I'm very excited to finally be moving to Oregon.

I'm looking forward to heading down to Woodland Woolworks to pick up some carbonized bamboo in the next few weeks.  Tim's asking for a hat out of it, and I'm super excited to get started on it.  I also want to pick up some more locks and fun stuff for making batts with my gorgeous, amazing drumcarder.  I'm also working on processing the alpaca fleece for a lady from the knitting group.


Losing the knitting group is definitely one thing I'm going to dislike about moving.  It is about an hour from where I'm moving to the knitting group; I might go up once a month or so, but I won't attend meetings weekly like I want to.  I'll end up finding a new group and going to those meetings instead, and it will be good.  I'm definitely going to miss everyone from the Washington group though!

Oh, and before I forget, here's the photo I left out on the last blog post:

No comments:

Post a Comment