Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Photos!

Okay, these pictures are long overdue.  This last month or so has been super crazy, with the holidays, finals, friends from out of state, and snow in a city where no one knows how to drive in it.

My drum carder:



I did make a couple of batts; the first one was the run-through they suggest to get all the dust off the drum cloth, and looks like this:



The other one I haven't photographed yet.  I need to head out to a wool store and pick up more locks to play with, but I also need to experiment with layering rovings and tops together to make smooth batts, too.  

I'm hoping to find time during each week to make a batt or two.  Once I get five or six made, I'll list them on Etsy and see how they go over.  I'm very excited about having this carder.  Now I can finish processing that alpaca fleece in a timely manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment