Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

February, so far.

Let's see. What's happened since my last post?

...I guess I haven't been very productive.
Basically, I crocheted two and a half of my four blocks for this month of the crochetalong. I also finished that dog hair yarn (finally!) and dyed it today. Oh! And I made three batts in the same colorway, available as a set, totaling almost 5 ounces.

Pictures:

Heart block #1

Heart block 2
Heart blocks 1 and 2 cuddling on our indoor porch swing!


Dog hair yarn before.

Dog hair yarn drying after dyeing (I still liked it better before it turned blue).
A picture of one of the batts. It's hard to see the gray and the glitz in this picture, but you can see all the lovely green and teal.
And the yarn it turns into. Again, hard to see the gray and the glitz, but they are definitely there.

Also, I had a couple of incidences with my food dyes:


This is after he purposely ate some of my royal blue Wilton's, rubbed it around on his lips and teeth, and then liberally applied his toothbrush and toothpaste to the blue areas. If you look closely, you can see that his lips are still tinged blue.


Aaand...freshly consumed kelly green. His finger turned green, because he rubbed it around on his teeth, too. How silly.

Also, it was Joel's birthday a few days ago. Here's a close-up of one of the lilies that I bought him [lilies smell gross, by the way]:
I can't wait for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment