Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March is here!

It's been a while. I guess things have just been busy around here. Mostly I've got a few yarns to share. No new crochet, the socks aren't done, the hat isn't done, my sewing machine isn't here yet, and I haven't made any batts. Oh! I built a lightbox so I can take better pictures. I didn't take a picture of it, though. Anyway, I used the tutorial available here: http://www.studiolighting.net/homemade-light-box-for-product-photography/

So, onto the yarns:

This one I only dyed. I used Wilton's, it's sock yarn, yadayada. It's 100 g (300 meters) and it's all wool. I call it 'Tahiti Sunset'.

In this bag are 2 oz of locks, 2 oz of superwash, and LOTS of glitz (although you can't see it in this picture). Here's the yarn it made, called 'Fairies and Dragons':

From the roving I didn't like comes this slightly-blurry picture of yarn, called 'Fingerpaints':
The next two are navajo-ply yarns. The first is 80/20 merino/silk and the second is wool with a little mohair (<10%).



Up next is 'Tumbleweed', a hemp yarn plied with cotton and glass beads:

And the newest additions to my yarn family. 'A Phoenix Reborn' and a nameless red superwash, some of which was used to complete the aforementioned yarn:


I think that's all I've got for now. As always, all the yarns here are for sale. You can get them in my Etsy store (linked in the left column of this blog), or if you see something here that isn't listed yet, comment me or email me or something.

Oh, and whenever I finally finish the layout for my site, I'll be available at http://www.kimscraftythings.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment