Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happenings.

I finished the shell of the crocheted hat. Now to get polarfleece for the lining...I'm also waiting on my sewing machine to arrive. I'll have to use it here on my desk where my laptop normally sits, but I'm not too worried about that.

I used up half of the cotswold locks I got from dyeingforcolor.etsy.com. I ordered four ounces. Then I split the bag in half. I took one half in a plastic grocery bag to the local fiber shop and found matching roving colors. I also picked up some angelina for glitz.


I really like it. It might even be my favorite over Starry Night, despite the fact that I enjoy cool colors much more than warm ones.

I also did a little dyeing. In my head I had bright colors, and I used grey wool. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, now the gray has undertones of color, and I can't decide if it will spin up nicely or if it will be gross. I'm probably going to navajo ply it and call it "Dyer's Regret". On the plus side, it didn't felt!!

What else...Oh, I started my February squares for the crochet-along. The craftster pattern has a heart in the middle (gag me), so I'm using the Ravelry square as a filler after I do two of the heart squares. Bleh.

Speaking of which, "bleh" is how I feel today...I want to stay home and craft all day. Yarn yarn yarn, all day long...I wish. I have class, and I'm becoming more and more late for work the longer I sit here. Irresponsible. So, off I go to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment