Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Adventures in Lace

I wrote a lace design a  few weeks ago that I have (slowly) been knitting up, and I'm super excited about it!  The chart is a bit annoying to read, but the rest row helps a lot with that.  I'm also almost finished with the last yarn I need for my blackbear/qiviut/etc. scarf that I've been hibernating for a few months.  Now I just have to remember where I put it (moving kills me sometimes), and the knitting itself will be pretty quick. 

Once I'm done with the scarf I'm knitting from my pattern, I think it'll be time to go back to Diagonale, which I am knitting from super-thin lace silk handspun.  I plan to decrease the pattern repeats to three across, instead of four, and see how it goes from there.  The twist should have settled in the silk by now, which will help a lot.  Now I need to find a set of super-points (I forget what they're actually called) so that the blunt metal needles actually pick up the silk stitches with ease.

I actually really like working from my own lace pattern.  When you design it, you know when things have gone wrong and it's easier to tell how to fix it without just tinking backward.  Perhaps there are more designs to come!

I have some photos to add here at some point; I need to resize and upload before I can post them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment