Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

More finished yarns!


There's that watermelon yarn that I plied with thread. I meant for it to look much more "novelty", but for some reason that didn't happen. I kept the thread's tension high and let the wool wrap loosely around the thread. I think making a skein removed a lot of that looping, and the thread may be too short now, compared to the stretched out wool. I really can't tell. It looks lovely, though, and I'm excited to spin up more of it and try again with a thicker yarn.

And here are the corriedale pastels. The yarn turned out lovely. I'm going to spin up the other half of the wool and sell them both as one item.

Next up is the crimson romney and the pretty gray bamboo. I know it will take time, but I want this project to be done now, so I can see how it looks! In-progress pictures to come.

Now, off to craftster to share my accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment