Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

New parts, new yarns, and new projects.

Well. I guess I've been kind of busy, although it doesn't feel like it.

I agreed to participate in that crochet-along, and here's my first block (two are done, out of four for the month):
I still can't decide if I will do four of each block, or use some of the 2008 blocks as fillers, or do four of the blocks I like and only two of the ones I don't (with fillers added). Possibly the last. Oh, here are all the yarns I've purchased for the project so far (I need more creams):
There's actually a dark purple missing from that picture, but I've got a lot of medium tones and a couple of darks. I definitely need to find a couple of lights to balance everything out.


My SO bought me a jumbo flyer for my wheel, and here's what it looks like all installed:



I spun my first corespun yarn last night on my newly modified wheel! I think I like the technique.

Here's the bamboo I spun up to knit with the red romney:


And, last but not least, I'm over halfway done knitting the romney and bamboo into a scarf for my lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment