Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scarf!

So, I took half of this from roving through dyeing, spinning, and knitting. Not quite a full process, as most of the work was done for me in the cleaning of the fleece, but that's fine by me. I tried to process a fleece once, and I gave up. I could probably do it now, but I was too young then I think. Anyway, scarf!



(He's really cute!!)

He's about 5'11" and it goes just past his knees. So, around four feet long on each side? Anyway, It's longer than I intended, but I just knitted until the red yarn ran out. Somehow I spun more of the bamboo, even though I filled the bobbin less full of it than I did of the red (and I'm pretty sure that overall the red was spun slightly more thinly). *shrugs* Yarns can be weird like that.

Oh, and a picture of me modeling it after he tucked it all in (I blinked):



Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out, although the edges are more sloppy than I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment