Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A small update.

Today I will start crocheting the hat that has been requested of me. It's going to have a crocheted outside and a polarfleece lining. I went to Michael's a few weeks ago and picked up a HUGE skein (it's more like a bump) of yarn in "country blue". There are 14 ounces here. I'm about to wind a 4-0z ball of it off so that it's portable and I can bring it to work.

I've also been slowly working on carding up all the doghair. I decided it will be best just to do all the handcarding before I get any further with spinning. The thing about spinning is that I like to do it in one long session. None of this "spin until you're out of carded stuff and then take a break to card and then do it all over again" stuff. Anyway, my SO doesn't like when I work with dog hair. I get covered in it (we have a hair roller), and it IS dirty hair, so it smells like dog. I think it would be more okay if I had started working on it when he was in the apartment, but the first time I did it, I was by myself and then he came home to a doggy-smelling living room. Needless to say, that didn't go over well.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do with the other 10 oz of this yarn. My afghan is supposed to be purple, green, and cream. Blue doesn't fit in. But I did also buy a large "bump" of cream yarn while I was picking up this blue, so I have enough creams to finish the afghan (after all the blocks have been posted, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment